At Aké festival 2017, Female filmmakers Tope Oshin and Jade Osiberu spoke about being a filmmaker in Nollywood and how to get involved in every aspect of your film as a filmmaker, during a discussion segment. They shared their experiences and gave the following advice to young filmmakers:
1. Always make sure your story is very strong. A weak story ultimately affects the whole production. Focus on a strong plot.
2. When filming, always remember that everybody is important. The input from each unit cannot be overemphasized.
3. Funding is a major challenge you have to tackle before venturing into production. Do not be in a hurry. Take your time and make necessary preparations first.
4. Networking cannot be neglected. Make sure you network with people in the industry and get actively involved in ongoing projects. This gives you a voice and a platform to evolve.
5. On producing a documentary, disregard the myth that Nigeria lacks an audience for a documentary. As much as commercializing your art is in focus, your message should come foremost. Do what you do because you want to do it. Give it your best and its quality will take it commercial.